ACV – Las Vegas is a new outpatient and procedure endovascular center with a focus on patients with peripheral arterial disease and critical limb ischemia. ACV prides itself in being an amazing team who are passionate about helping patients and who work hard to support each other.
The Scrub/Radiologic Technologist is a key member of the cardiovascular practice who helps provide an atmosphere of compassionate and quality care to patients and their families.
This role will include diagnostic work and will scrub with the physicians on procedures.
What does a typical day look like for our Scrub/Rad Tech?
- Overall team approach to giving quality patient care to ACV patients through superior communication
- Prepares patients for endovascular procedures
- Assess patient/family level of understanding to enhance effective communication and education
- Assist healthcare providers with various endovascular procedures
- Provide support to research trial assessment and procedures
- Proactive works to ensure exceptional patient outcomes by observing a) ALARA safety principle, ensuring minimal radiation doses are used during procedures, b) universal precautions and utilizes sterile techniques c) procedure room c) procedure rooms are checked and restocked as needed.
- Helps maintain and verifies that radiation generating (X-Ray) equipment is in working order
- Other duties as assigned by leadership and supervisory staff
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Certification: Preferred
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Radiologic Technology: Preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS): Within 90 days of hire
- Minimum one-year experience as a Radiologic Technologist: Preferre
- Cardiovascular and/or peripheral vascular disease experience: Preferred
- Cardiac catheterization lab experience: Preferred